Regardless of the size of your organization or what industry you’re in, technology greatly influences the way we do business. You can’t run a successful company without the presence of technology. In fact, your IT plays such a big role that it would be difficult to innovate or thrive in your industry without it. Knowing what technology you need, how to use it, and when to update can make your operations more efficient, collaborative, productive, and cost effective.
For these reasons, it’s important to have a chief information officer (CIO). The role of a CIO is to understand your infrastructure and help your business use it in a way that streamlines and facilitates processes. Simply put, it’s their job to be your guide on how to get the most out of your technology. The only problem is that not every business can afford to have a CIO. So what can you do to compensate if you’re one of these companies?
The Reason Companies Use vCIO Services
Hiring an employee is expensive. You’re responsible for paying for their salary, training, benefits, and more. Hiring an executive-level employee is even more costly. That’s why many small to medium-sized businesses that can’t afford to onboard a CIO will instead rely on virtual CIO (vCIO)—or virtual chief technology officer (vCTO)—services offered by an outsourced managed IT service provider.
A vCIO is a service whereby a third-party IT company steps in as your IT consultant. They perform many of the tasks associated with the role but at a fraction of the price. The company will assist in the management, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of your IT infrastructure. In a way, this service is like a shortcut to gaining the IT expertise you need to run your business. Outside of expenses, there are a few other reasons you may consider going down this route.
You Need to Supplement Your IT Team
It’s not uncommon for an IT department to become overwhelmed by problems that need to be fixed. But just because your team already has too much on its plate as it is doesn’t mean projects are going to stop coming in (not to mention, your IT staff’s day-to-day tasks can’t be ignored). The less time your technicians have to focus on issues individually, the more likely these issues will have an adverse effect on your business operations overall. Virtual CTO services can supplement your IT department, helping you reprioritize responsibilities and giving you access to additional highly skilled technicians who can work on projects as needed.
You Need an Outsider’s Opinion
Have you ever worked on something and had a colleague or friend review it after you’re done? The purpose is to check the quality of your work, spotting anything that’s missing or could be improved. Being exposed to your own work for so long makes it easy to miss mistakes or inefficiencies. The same is true for your infrastructure. An outsourced IT consultant can assess your network, processes, and standards to identify areas where improvements can be made.
The Associated Benefits
- Focus on your business: The vCIO can take care of your network, project management, IT purchasing strategy, and more so you can focus on the core of your business.
- Decreased downtime: Any technical issues you may have—such as keeping your equipment running reliably and creating strategies—can be handled by an IT consulting firm. When these problems are resolved, downtime becomes less of an issue.
- Enhanced productivity: An IT consultant can assist with delivering communication, collaboration, and knowledge sharing. This allows employees to innovate throughout the day without complications.
- Quick adaptation: The IT world evolves at a rapid pace, and it can be hard to keep up with the changes. IT consulting services can help your business adapt and stay in front of trends.
- Predictable budgeting: A vCIO can help your organization stay within budget in the short and long term by creating a technology roadmap that fits your business needs.
IT Consulting Services at SNC
Your IT is an important part of your business, so don’t trust just anyone with it. Strategic Network Consulting is a proven managed service provider that has worked with a variety of clients in different industries. Our highly trained technicians have the knowledge and experience to help your business reach its technology goals. To learn more about our services and how we can help you, contact us today!