An increasing number of organizations are migrating to Microsoft Office 365 (O365). If you’ve ever considered moving your own company into the cloud, then there’s a good chance you know how big of a decision it can be. You may also know that it can be a difficult process for any business. However, the benefits of switching to Office 365 can’t be ignored.
What Are the Business Benefits of Moving to Office 365?
Before we get into the benefits, let’s first explain what Microsoft Office 365 is. Office 365 is a suite of cloud-based productivity and collaboration tools meant to enhance business operations. The tools integrate Microsoft’s many applications—like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more—into a cloud service.
Is Office 365 Worth It?
You now know that O365 is a cloud-based productivity and collaboration tool. You also know that it’s meant to enhance business operations. But there are still some questions that remain, like why use office 365 and how does it enhance business operations? In short, it provides better communication, accessibility, and productivity. It also provides other advantageous benefits, including:
- Optimized Infrastructure: By migrating to O365, you eliminate the need to rely on a server-based environment. This comes with a second benefit of being able to reorganize your IT department. This allows your IT team to refocus its attention on other mission-critical tasks.
- Support and Maintenance: Given O365 is in the cloud, support and maintenance are taken care of for you by the provider. As a result, you are able to minimize your own organization’s support and maintenance efforts, which can save money.
- Extended Cloud: The great thing about cloud-based solutions is that they provide more freedom to your employees. It gives your staff members the ability to work from anywhere on their device of choice, as long as they have an internet connection. If you employ remote workers, this benefit is especially advantageous.
- Improved Collaboration: As mentioned earlier, O365 is designed to enhance collaboration. It accomplishes this through the use of various collaboration tools. These tools include shared team sites, chats, video conferencing, and more.
- Security: One of the leading reasons why many companies hesitate to migrate to the cloud is concerns over privacy. However, security isn’t an issue with O365 as it comes with built-in security features that allow you to keep your data safe and secure.
Office 365 offers plenty of benefits to justify making the transition, but like everything else in the world, it’s not perfect. There are certain disadvantages you should be aware of, such as:
- Internet Dependence: In order to use O365, you need to have an internet connection. If your internet is down, you won’t have access to the tools you need to work.
- Subscription-Based: If paying a yearly subscription fee rather than paying a large sum up front is a deal breaker for you, then O365 may not be the service for you.
- Feature Changes: The features in Office 365 do change fairly frequently. This is done to provide access to the latest versions of available software. It can be difficult to keep up if you use lesser-used programs.
In the end, whether O365 is worth it for your business will depend on the needs of your business. But more often than not, the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.
Office 365 Migration Services
Are you thinking about migrating to Office 365? If you’re ready to make the switch, Strategic Network Consulting can help. We’ll explain the advantages of O365 and determine if your company would benefit from migration.
If you’re curious about O365, but don’t know if your organization is fully ready to make the transition, there’s also the option of staged migration. Staged migration allows you to migrate over to O365 over time, rather than all at once. The technical advisors at Strategic Network Consulting will help prepare you for the transition, as well as provide guidance through each step.
Choose SNC for Your Office 365 Plans
At SNC, we’re experts in everything related to IT. From cloud migration to cyber security, we offer the comprehensive solutions you need. As your partner, we’ll do everything we can to optimize your business and put you in a position to achieve success. If you’d like to know more about SNC’s services, please contact us today!